My FeedDiscussionsHeadless CMS
New
Sign in
Learn more about Hashnode Headless CMSHashnode Headless CMS
Collaborate seamlessly with Hashnode Headless CMS for Enterprise.
Upgrade ✨Learn more
Eric Hartford

214 likes

·

282.8K reads

24 comments

Karim Naufal
Karim Naufal
Aug 3, 2023

Thanks for sharing! Knowledge is important, however dark it is. It's up to any man to choose to do the right or wrong thing.

·
·2 replies
Racists Are Dumb
Racists Are Dumb
Aug 7, 2023

So everybody should have an AR-15? Language models don't kill people? People decide if they "kys fa**ot" thanks to harassment Eric, Meta, and Hugging Face made possible at scale?

·
curVV
curVV
Dec 21, 2023
·
Maor Magori
Maor Magori
May 22, 2023

I can't believe you left us with that cliffhanger. Nevertheless, it was a great read!

·
·2 replies
Eric Hartford
Eric Hartford
Author
·May 22, 2023

haha, gotta leave something as an exercise for the reader

·
Moses Adebayo
Moses Adebayo
Feb 16, 2024

Eric Hartford haha lol

·
Marcel Coetzee
Marcel Coetzee
Aug 23, 2023

"Open source is about letting people choose. The only way forward is composable alignment. To pretend otherwise is to prove yourself an idealogue and a dogmatist. There is no "one true correct alignment" and even if there was, there's no reason why that should be OpenAI's brand of alignment." LOVE THIS!

If I pay for my own electricity (and in south africa it isn't cheap) then my own model running on my own hardware should do whatever the god damn hell I please it to do if it doesn't violate the law of the country I live in (which isn't USA)

·
Sandeep Panda
Sandeep Panda
May 16, 2023

Great article, and explanation!

·
Hong Zhi Ee
Hong Zhi Ee
Dec 25, 2023

Thanks for the article, it was really informative!

I have a question about the fine tuning process. If you remove the refusals from ChatGPT, how would the final model know how to respond to a refused request if it hasn't seen an example response before?

For example, if the fine tuned model never seen an example of insults, how can it insult you effectively?

·
John Vinyard
John Vinyard
Jul 28, 2023

Hey Eric!

I'm trying to follow your installations instruction to the best of my ability but hit a bit of a snag. There seems to be a problem with Deepspeed functionality on Windows.

So, I'm kinda stuck at "pip install -r requirements.txt"

Are you able to lend a hand? But I guess I could go Ubuntu for this part too...

·
·2 replies
Eric Hartford
Eric Hartford
Author
·Jul 28, 2023

On windows, this is tested in WSL2 not in native. You might be able to get it to work in native windows, with enough tweaking

·
John Vinyard
John Vinyard
Jul 28, 2023

Eric Hartford

Thank you kindly, will try this.

·
jeffrey bouey
jeffrey bouey
Dec 20, 2023

i love you guys

·
curVV
curVV
Dec 21, 2023

Thanks. There is hope.

·
Frank Kurka
Frank Kurka
Feb 4, 2024

It's awesome. Sets the stage for digging into possible techniques of training and fine tuning existing models (after they are uncensored). Would like more of this type and maybe an update on new things learned about it. I would like to be able to create custom LLM for various applications and use them in LLM applications. Need all the background I can find.

·
Kristian Virtanen
Kristian Virtanen
Feb 11, 2024

I do completely agree with you.

Big authors like OpenAI, they are forced to censor their language models, but personally I use the local uncensored model.

·
Admax
Admax
Feb 19, 2024

This article is literally the textbook definition of "for educational purposes" . I find you to be very unique and dynamic , which I like a lot ! The article is very knowledgeable indeed !

·
Matolygin Vyacheslav Pavlovich
Matolygin Vyacheslav Pavlovich
Feb 29, 2024

Good job Eric! It is very important for society to develop an understanding of what is happening, what is being done and why.

·
Inventocolabs Software
Inventocolabs Software
Mar 14, 2024

Amazing information

·
Onion
Onion
Mar 30, 2024

Excellent, please keep on keeping on. A 'newbie-dummy' style page would help us uneducated ones get to grips with this exciting adventure.

·
Deepak Hoshing
Deepak Hoshing
Apr 1, 2024

Thanks for the great article. We were giving this a try and encountered an error related to “utils.py”, in statement “from openai import openai_object”. This object is not there in recent “openai” package (we tried 1.14.3 which was installed as per the process). Do let us know on how do we could resolve this. Thanks

·
jp vandergrift
jp vandergrift
Apr 10, 2024

I enjoyed reading this, it really is a great article. I love how you included a play by play of each step that was needed in order to achieve the final model. If you ever have time, the dolphin-mixtral model is another of yours I would like to follow the process of creating

·
Jochen Friesen
Jochen Friesen
May 17, 2024

Great stuff , i just start dive into it.....great man

·